Tuesday, July 15, 2014

LOVE THE 2014 ICAD CHALLENGE

Once again I am participating in ICAD - Tammy Garcia's Daisy Yellow Index-Card-a-Day challenge.
And I love it! Tammy provides themes and prompts and I've religiously stuck to this - and that in itself is a challenge - a bit like doing what I'm told! (Which I'm not good at - so I can learn that too)
There are well over 1100 members and the inspiration is never-ending. My ideas file is growing daily!
These 5 cards were the "warm-up" cards before the challenge started on June 1st. I'm most proud of my lettering.
Week 1 - all backgrounds are text - and various prompts my favourite is the Circus tent.
Week 2 - Collage backgrounds and prompts - my favourite is the Alphabet one.

Week 3 - Maps were the backgrounds here - weather, and road - and my favourite card was the orange prompt.
Week 4 - and Rainbow gelli prints formed my backgrounds - with the Maple leaves being my favourite.

WHY AM I DOING IT?
It's a great challenge on many levels - setting aside the time, planning and thinking (better than doing crosswords fro the brain cells), doing the art, following the prompts, taking a photo and uploading to FaceBook, and so much fun meeting like minded arty friends in the group!

2 comments:

  1. I am also an Aussie too. It was lovely to see all of your beautiful cards. Thanks so much for sharing your journey. I also love the challenge of following the prompts.
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy - fellow Aussie icader

    ReplyDelete